Friday, March 22, 2013

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Combination to Oily skin

It's been a long time since I bought this and I have been using it A LOT...so how come I didn't make a review yet? Anyways, better later than never, so here it comes!
This, ladies and gents, is the product (insert drums)!


 I know is not the best pic, but should be no biggy, you probably all know how it looks like! I have it in the "medium" shade, even if I am a bit whiter than that, but I hate having a white face, so I try to make it look a bit more tan, of course, being very careful to cover all of my neck and earlobes and all the places that could give me away :) The best fit for my skintone would be a mix of the Light and Medium shade, I think, but is spring now so I am hoping for a tan a.s.a.p.!
Now, a bit more about this product. When taken out of the tube, it looks like this:


The consistency is more like a lotion than a cream, it is quite runny and very light, which I like, especially in summertime. It almost doesn't have a smell, maybe a faint fresh one, and I can aslo smell alcohool in it, which I happen not to like (they say alcohool on skin is no-goody!) but alas, I love the fact that it sets greatly on the skin, it kind of sinks in and blends amazingly, not streaky at all (like its sister, the Anti-Ageing BB cream - review on that later!). I noticed though, that if I spread it on my eyelids too, which I tend to do with all base products, it irritates my eyes, I think it's because of the alcohool in it, which sucks. But oh well, I can just avoid the eye area and use only concealer there, even if it is better when I can use the base to even all out.
Other than that, it looks amazing, stays on pretty well, and what's best is that if it gets rubbed off in certain areas of the face (which happens when you have a cuddly toddler around) you can always apply more without it becoming patchy like it would happen with a foundation, or showin any difference between areas. 
It matifies the face, doesn't set in the pores, but if your face has got dry areas too, like combination skin usually does, you have to remember to moisturise the dry areas before applying this or they will become quite dry after a while.  
Throughout the day my face still becomes oily in the problem areas (T-zone) but I just use a tissue to absorb the oil and it's all good, I don't use powder on top of it, but I guess it can be used, if that's what you prefer. I just freak out at the thought of putting too much on my skin cause I feel my pores are gonna die suffocated.
One more downside would be that I am getting slightly more blackheads when using it, but I am not very sure wether it is because of it, or because of the fact that it is not protecting my face like a foundation would, and as I am living in a very polluted area, the dirt in the air might get into my pores and produce the blackheads. Anyways, if I remember to use my Manuka Honey purifying mask every 2 days is all good :)
The coverage is great, I don't know about the "Light" version of it, but with this one I barely need any concealer on my acne scars (and I have plenty). In my oppinion this one has the best coverage among all the BB creams from Garnier.
I don't know what more can I say about this. Bottom line, I love it, I would bathe in it!! LOL But I kind of love all the BB creams, because I love the concept, the fact that they are lighter than a foundation, and they also are said to be treating the imperfections of the skin (BB in this case comes from "blemish balm"). I remember I used to love the tinted moisturizers before these came out, but I couldn't wear those too often because my problematic skin needs way more coverage than a tinted moisturizer could give me, so I had to keep using annoying foundations that don't match my lifestyle. Except for the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, none could keep up with me and with my combination skin :( After a few hours my face was inevitably looking all patchy and uneven. But the Estee Lauder Doublewear is expensive and smells like burnt rubber so I definitely prefer BB creams to it as well! :))
I decided I wanna give up foundations for good (or only keep them for specials occasions), in the favor of BB creams so now I am trying my best to make my face look its best and get rid of the acne scars, with masks and scrubs and all that stuff. If anyone knows a way of getting rid of acne scars without whitening your face to death or without burning it with harsh treatments, please tell me in a comment!
Thank you for reading me!
oxoxox
Roxana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...